Saturday, August 21, 2021

Don I


don I the royal robes of resolve, shed I the cloak of despair
know I the grace, the blessings, the light of God's loving care
when oppression and fear beckon to this heart
from blessed grace, the knowing of love, neer I shall depart
upon my soul a golden shield of everlasting light and love
this with eyes to earth and eyes to the heavens above
be I of breath in the presence of the NOW
be I of spirit in an eternal vow 
to the divinity of love and grace, the soul in expressions shown
be this the bloom, the bounty, the breath, the beauty of BEING known.

Rose Marie Raccioppi
Poet Laureate
Orangetown, New York 


https://www.flickr.com/photos/mshades/484918094/

When visualizing, "royal robes of resolve..." I envisioned a robe of violet velvet that caught the light, shoulder decoration and tassels of brilliant gold, symbolic of crown energies, and the graces of alchemy, regal, stately, and flowing. I was not aware that a flower existed that mirrored what was perceived, nor bore the name, "Royal Robe." 
The poem was fully penned when I set to search for a fitting image. When found within a flower, I felt deeply validated, blessed and grateful. Within the words of my poem its beauty was conceived. 

Beauty beheld,
Rose Marie Raccioppi

No comments: