Sunday, August 7, 2022

..to say...or not to say...

 


...to say, or not to say...

He said, she said, misunderstandings, conflicts, arguments, judgments, I meant this, But you said this, You don't hear me... and the drama goes on and on and on... and so I petition YOU, to listen not only with your ears, but with your heart, past the assumptions, past the conclusions without the impending retaliations, see the resolve that beckons to be known, allow TRUTH its dominion.

WORDS ...
"Words are things, and a small drop of ink
falling like dew upon a thought
produces that which makes
thousands, perhaps millions, think."
~Lord Byron, 1788-1824

Words, those markers of thought, sounding within us, hanker for expression. Words, those marks upon paper, our own or that of another find their meaning within us. A poem, its meter, its rhythm, its rhyme, its structure, its pulse, calls for our attentive consideration. Within the words, the line, the totality of a poem, we to find meaning, inspiration, an accord, a resolve and yes, another question.

Language provides an echo - it is not the original - words are representations, symbols, utterances, that the inner spirit longs to be known - to self - to others and to the ultimate SELF. As a poet, language echoes my heart's lament, my soul's joy and my spirit's quest to soar, echoes holding to praise and gratitude, a sounding sense of purpose.
~Rose Marie Raccioppi

...and so I appeal... Imagine the engagement of heart, soul, spirit in words of praise, in words of reflection, in words of sacred creed. Imagine "know thyself" a pursuit of love, of faith, of spirit, of GOD. The more I read Shakespeare, the more I realize that in a poet's heart is ever the search for understanding, beauty and purpose. If we are open to explore the poet's pondering of heart, we will hear the questing echoes of soul. And so in joy, I plea...

Shakespeare Be my Brother..

Shakespeare be my brother this very night
As words free and in frolic take flight
Words of anguish, fear and pain
Words of illusion and the inane
Words to claim my longings and desire
Words to breathe these thoughts of fire
For words within the mind conceived
Create the world for us perceived
Recorded in prose, poetry and rhyme
To give purpose to life's gift of time
Words to serve intent and pleasure
Held in journals as one's life treasure
Words of moments present, moments past
And within a recorded history cast
Of all the words I in quest to heed
Silent utterances of TRUTH and sacred creed.

Rose Marie Raccioppi
Poet Laureate
Orangetown, New York
By PROCLAMATION 2011-2022
"It is not in the stars to hold our destiny but in ourselves."
~William Shakespeare

~

No comments: