Friday, April 8, 2022

VISITATION

 


such be a portrait of supernal grace
behold I in soul's place
birds in triune in a visitation sweet
the wondrous of spirit lovingly she to greet
behold I this moment of nurturance divine
within her heart I place mine
caressed by the warmth of God's light she be
beauty in devotional Praise onto Thee. 


Rose Marie Raccioppi
APOGEE Poet
Poet Laureate
Orangetown, New York


Title:In the Peristyle
Artist:John William Waterhouse 
(English Pre-Raphaelite painter, 1849-1917)
Art Info.:1874, Oil on canvas, 26 3/8 x 20 3/8 inches (67 x 52 cm), 
Rochdale Art Gallery, England

~
As I listen with the brilliant light 
of the afternoon Sun 
in a sky of lambent blue,
 casting its light in the window
next to where I am writing this, 
I am beholden to the artistry, 
to the music, 
to the spirit that is SPRING. 

Come listen with me. 
~

No comments: