Thursday, June 24, 2010

The Wisdom of Passion


The wisdom of passion I so decree
'Tis the winds and cresting waves of the sea
The flames of soul's deep desire
The consuming transforming lure of sun and fire
The towering tree reaching with branch and bough
The budding bloom holding to Spring's vow
The lingering lure of a garden's scent
The embracing vision clear and fervent
The soft caress of this Summer moment mine
'Tis thought and Being entwine
The feel of this PRESENCE known it shall be
The wisdom of passion I so decree.

Rose Marie Raccioppi


Red Canna, oil, 1923, University of Arizona Museum of Art, Georgia O'Keeffe, 1887-1986.


2 comments:

Gail said...

Oh my Rose Marie-

I am feeling the fire here. I feel the passion of intense color and surrendered vulnerability transforming in to fulfilled desire, completion, climax. Hallelujah!!

Love you
Gail
peace.....

Rose Marie Raccioppi said...

Hello Gail, Do tell me how you are doing. How is your Mom. You are ever in thought and heart dear friend.

Thank You for your responsive gift of expression. Loved you are!

Rose Marie