Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Dulcinea


Passion and the light
To each his Dulcinea
The quest and the dream.

Rose Marie Raccioppi


"Dulcinea... Dulcinea...
I see heaven when I see thee, Dulcinea,
And thy name is like a prayer
An angel whispers... Dulcinea... Dulcinea!

Now I've found thee,
And the world shall know thy glory,
Dulcinea... Dulcinea!"

Don Quixote De La Mancha


Dulcinea, Richard Kiley, 1965, Man of La Mancha

Dulcinea, Watercolor, ©Rose Marie Raccioppi, 2009.



Special Announcement:
Read the Review of The Wind and the Willow
THE WIND AND THE WILLOW
Now available in hardcover (ISBN: HARDCOVER51536) and softcover (ISBN: 1-60474-454-5)
directly from Publish America.
Click on title, place title or my name in search bar of Publish America Entry Page.
Thank you for your order.
ENJOY

6 comments:

Mark said...

Yes, the whisper of a prayer upon the tongue.

Rose Marie Raccioppi said...

Mark, I am moved by the song,"Dulcinea," each time I hear it, no matter how many times I have heard it over the years. Seeing Richard Kiley's performance vividly remains with me. The painting was inspired by this song - as I envisioned the sky Don Quixote was looking up to as he sang of his unrequited love. "Yes, the whisper of a prayer upon the tongue."

Bernie said...

Beautiful painting and beautiful poem that blends so well together. Love should be always beautifully expressed and felt as Don Quixote felt......we all should feel loved this way at least once in our lifetime........:-) Hugs

Rose Marie Raccioppi said...

Bernie, The depth of love expressed in this song is so deeply felt. As I listen, I can simply be in love with love and feel the splendor. Yes, to each his Dulcinea...

Catherine Vibert said...

I am in love with the painting. Such tender and subtle lines.

Rose Marie Raccioppi said...

Catvibe, So pleased for your visit. So appreciate your comment. Thank you for being "in love with the painting." Blessings and smiles.