Saturday, December 7, 2019

…the pleasure of the POET



Recently I was asked, “What do you feel when you read or hear a word.?”  I, in response: "Sounds, letters be they heard or silent, gather for their mission… to coney meaning to the NOW.” I look to the sounding vowels, the very spirit of the word, the song within  ready for release. I look to the sounding consonants, for the structure they provide, I look to the silent vowels, the silent consonants, for the support they offer. Yes, they present themselves as WORDS in Revelation …  holding to their mission of commune and call. Be this the pleasure of the POET. In repose, reflection, revelation, resolve...

Rose Marie Raccioppi
Poet Laureate
Orangetown, New York

Erato, Muse of Poetry, 1870, Sir Edward: Edward John Poynter, English 1836-1919. 
Classicist Painter.


No comments: