Friday, May 15, 2009

This Awakened Heart


The coolness of morning dew upon leaf
The gentle ripple of moving waters
The caress of soft winds
The feel of shimmering veils in sounds I hear
The embrace of each piano key
And known be this awakened heart.

Rose Marie Raccioppi

Franz Liszt
1811-1886
Consolation No. 3


Liszt at the Piano, 1840, Oil on wood, Playing for Beethoven and surrounded by Hugo, Paganini, Rossini, Lamartine, Sand and Marie d'Agoult (seated on the floor), Josef Danhauser, 1805-1845, Source: Bridgeman Art Library.

4 comments:

Ashley said...

I have to say that I absolutely love your blog! Thank you!

Rose Marie Raccioppi said...

Thank you Ashley. I visited your blog and feel the joy of what you hold in anticipation. I share your delight and love of music.

Unknown said...

This is a really lovely poem, Rose Marie-- thanks! I also liked "It Is In Us" & "Impressions" a lot, & was very struck by your watercolor accompanying the latter poem.

Rose Marie Raccioppi said...

Thank you John. I am most respectful and deeply appreciative of your responses. I value your perspectives and applaud your offerings on your delightful blog.