Saturday, September 4, 2021

Gypsy Girl with a Basque Drum



the gypsy in her soul in gentle repose
the dance, the music in reflective grace
held be she by thought and creed
held be she by thought and creed.


Rose Marie Raccioppi
Poet Laureate
Orangetown, New York


Gypsy Girl With a Basque Drum, painting by William-Adolphe Bouguereau, 1867.


In ways yet to be understood I hold a deep connection to the way of the Gypsy. As a young girl, I would dress as a gypsy and dance with joy. I gave expression to what was not fully understood by my family... and so the identity with this beautiful painting of a TRUTH I lived.



1 comment:

Rose Marie Raccioppi said...

In ways yet to be understood I hold a deep connection to the way of the Gypsy. As a young girl, I would dress as a gypsy and dance with joy. I gave expression to what was not fully understood by my family... and so the identity with this beautiful painting of a TRUTH I lived.