Saturday, March 5, 2016

J O U R N E Y


At this evening hour... An account, a story read of another’s life that ended all too soon… The story presents the person's own questioning of his life so young, so wanting, to be facing an imminent death due to the ravages of cancer...he, himself a neurosurgeon in residency, questioned what was life itself, its purpose, its pain, its vision, its faith... and so in reflection...

JOURNEY

BE there the impasse 

the intersection 

of words

of biology 

of physics

of philosophy

of behavior

of aspiration 

in an ever present questing journey…

BE I the questions, the exploration, the journey of mind
BE I the daughter, the wife, the mother, the journey of role
BE I the teacher, the therapist, the journey of service
BE I the activist, the advocate, the journey of vision
BE I the poet, the artist, the journey of expression
BE I SELF known, the journey of liberation
BE I AM known, the journey of TRUTH.

BE there the impasse
the intersection
of words
of biology
of physics
of philosophy
of behavior
of aspiration
in an ever present questing journey…


Rose Marie Raccioppi
Poet Laureate
Orangetown, New York

No comments: