Sunday, November 4, 2012

The Storm and Six Days Past


The Storm and Six Days Past

storming winds so strong they blow this night
leaves, branch and bough of mighty trees take to flight
petition I to the wind hold safe my home and spare this looming tree
know the reverence and respect I hold in heart for thee
menacing be its foreboding swaying shadows ever so vast
resounding be the sound of branches by the wind upon ground cast
hear I the booming snap and ominous thunderous fall
pray I with loss of limbs mighty oak hold you yet tall
many a storm have you weathered over decades gone by
many a season's joy with bloom and splendor on high
touched be my heart with each season's love and grace
hold steady mighty oak to the calling winds lusty embrace
the night comes to pass and many a loss reported there be
as wild winds sweep away homes, rage rivers, streams and sea
what be told by nature's storming and ranting mood this very night
FAITH be the invocation and so known shall be the dawning light
and now the sun this day six days past shines bright in the lambent sky above
safe I BE and blessed I implore BE ALL in GOD and merciful love.


Rose Marie Raccioppi
Poet Laureate
Orangetown, New York

click image for larger view

Light Behind the Storm, Watercolor, ©Rose Marie Raccioppi, http://www.apogeeart.com

2 comments:

Gail said...

HI ROSEMARIE - oh my, so beautiful, tre and full of hope despite the rage, perhaps because of surviving the rage. the faith, the belief, the passion for life, all life - and so we are here, you and me and others facing a new day, new dawn, another rage, another breeze, life as it happens, in prayer, together, with love and surrender.
Love Gail
peace....

Rose Marie Raccioppi said...

YES, Dear Gail... Yield Eternal Spirit - all is known...all is resolved... much much love to you and yours ... the storm now sleeps...