Monday, January 23, 2012

...time...this moment now...


the calendar of the new year marked
and asked, where have the years gone
where has time taken me
what has time brought
'tis the gift of life I seek to sought
passions, pleas, longings, desire
a smile, a tear, laughter and sorrow
the knowing the question, the seeking
a story told, words to record and convey
this moment now, a purpose, and a tomorrow
time like fire, ashes and embers aglow
each breath Be life ever a flame
the miracle of Self, in Praise to name.


Rose Marie Raccioppi
Poet Laureate
Orangetown, New York



Hall Groat II
Railroad Conductor's Pocketwatch, 8 x 8 inches, Oil on masonite
PRIVATE COLLECTION KILMACOLM, RENFREWSHIRE, UNITED KINGDOM

2 comments:

Rose Marie Raccioppi said...

...as the new week of the new year unfolds... a Monday morning in reflection...

Rose Marie Raccioppi said...

A most dear and delightfully talented friend, wrote this in response to this post and sent it on to me... Now with permission, posted for all to enjoy... Yes, Thank You kindly Paula....

Time: Past, Present, and Future

'Tis time that lines to my face has brought
Time from which my achievements were wrought
Time that stole many intended plan
Time that created who I am

'Tis time that gives me this still, grey day
Time to hold onto or give away
Time to act, to feel, to hold in mind
Time by my self to be defined

'Tis time I know will see me through
Time steadily moving towards all I must do
Time shall reveal the aim of my birth
God's reason for choosing my time on this earth.