Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Gems of Labor


Abundance be and so the bale
Bundles of hay this field to hail
Purpose, a bounty be so claimed
For the spoils of a field gathered and named
To the farmer this be the season's delight
Final offerings from summer rain summer light
The gems of labor be they known
Upon the field they be shown
And so the fields now golden and brown
With bales of hay are regally crowned.

Rose Marie Raccioppi



with gratitude to a most dear blogger
Photo, Rain MacSweeney, posted: 09/17/09 on http://www.ocean-sunsets.blogspot.com/



Special Announcement:
Read the Review of The Wind and the Willow
THE WIND AND THE WILLOW
Now available in hardcover and softcover directly from Publish America.
Click on title, place title in search bar of Publish America Entry Page.
Thank you for your order.
ENJOY


7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow Rose Marie...I'm so touched! I actually weeped for a good 10 minutes before I even read the poem! Tears of joy of course! What overwhelmed me was the fact that people I've met through Blogger, some even strangers, are so much nicer and supportive than any friend or family member in my past...it's a wonderful life!
Thank you!
xxx

Rose Marie Raccioppi said...

Rain, Your determination, honesty, openness, humor, creativity and humanity are deeply valued. Let this season of harvest be your celebration of care and change. Last night when I selected your photo and searched for the words to express the impressions I felt, they were found in heart - a loving appreciation for the gifts of harvest and friendship from afar.

Gail said...

Hi ROse Marie-

And so too you know of where I live, what visions I behold just minutes from our home. I see what you see in you image and feel what you feel in your words. This is a time of bounty, harvest and storing of all the toil and sow of offerings from Spring and Summer seeds. We are going to be outside today gathering kindling wood and snapping it so it will fit into our barrels. Amazing how our woods provide us with plenty of dried, seasoned branches that fall to the woods floor for us to gather up. And so the cycle of life cycles - swirling and dancing with us as it does.

Love to you
Gailpeace.......

Rose Marie Raccioppi said...

Gail, I feel your joy, it is as bright as the golden leaves of my birch trees.

Bernie said...

Rose Marie, I have a very similar field close to where I live. I love it and I too think of abundance, loyal farmers providing not only for his family but for all of his. I can visualize him wiping his sweaty brow with a damp and wrinkled cotton handkerchief.....it makes me feel happy, contented and safe whenever I am able to view beautiful pictures like this and your beautiful poem captures my feelings verbatim......:-) Hugs

Rose Marie Raccioppi said...

Bernie, As with yourself I too, visualize all that goes into the final harvest. So when I see a field such as this one, there is a joyful contentment. I am pleased it captured your "feelings verbatim..."

Confessions of a Temporal Lobe said...

Your words sing in my ears!