Saturday, August 25, 2012

This Hour of Sunset



No earrings, bracelets, necklaces or rings need she bear
Yet fully adorned and crowned in God’s loving care
Free of shackles and constraint of body and soul
Within all treasures and a found goal
She honors life in all its glory
Each moment now a complete story
And when she records with pen a line
Awakened and felt is the sublime
Who pray tell is she
She is the I introduced to the me
And in this moment of quiet reflection
She sees all of nature in full perfection
The warmth of the summer setting sun her hand does feel
And what is so distant is now and real
No greater or lesser can this Presence be
The I known here, now, in this moment to me
The deep breath of Being in great abound
In this hour of sunset the I has found.

Rose Marie Raccioppi
Poet Laureate
Orangetown, New York



Dusk, Photo, CAR, Collectible Clicks, ©Rose Marie Raccioppi, 2010-2012.


2 comments:

Gail said...

Hi Rosemarie - oh my, the image is breath-taking, your words all encompassing in simplicity and vulnerable truth - it is feminine beyond imaginatiin, i feel the daring and yet innocent beauty of intimacy and longing - as truth is shown, explored and let "be" known in places only shared in tender moments - i feel the fire and passion of a burning sunset closing in as I allow the release to gently and rhythmically complete the moment. Hallelujah
Love Gail
peace...

Rose Marie Raccioppi said...

Dearest Gail, Your words have recreated the moments captured. I am ever so pleased when you allow yourself to bring your own special sensibilities to my offerings, for you create JOY anew.Thank You for your warmth and loving friendship.

Blessings and love to you and yours,

Rose Marie