Sunday, August 24, 2014

Rose Marie Raccioppi In Poetic Dialogue with BEETHOVEN: THE SYMPHONIES


Rose Marie Raccioppi In Poetic Dialogue with 
BEETHOVEN: THE SYMPHONIES
Christopher Oldfather, piano
Fredrica Wyman, piano

Carnegie Concert Series
The Nyack Library
Nyack, New York

August 23, 2014

Ludwig van Beethoven
Symphony No. 2 in D major, Op.36.

The piano keys in sounding response
Echoes of the passions and pulsing of heart
Cresting waves of thunderous light call
Know this breath that breathes the lament and yearnings of soul
This ever mounting, embracing, encompassing pulse
Hear I colors and strokes bold
Hear I colors and strokes of gentle grace
Live I a canvas that sounds passion and plea
Sensibilities and touched is the deep knowing within me
I AM the torrential rains and the morning dew on flowers sweet
I AM the burning desire and the quietude of the midnight hour
I AM the ambient sounding of passions deep within my BEING
Echoes, echoes, echoes, of a breath's call
Hear I the interlude, that interface between receiving and giving
Frolic and fury in sounding expression
Feel I this dance beyond composure
An Awakening
A Liberation
A BEING in the breath of this sounding moment.

Rose Marie Raccioppi
Poet Laureate
Orangetown, New York



Ludwig van Beethoven
Symphony No. 3 in E-flat major, Op.55 "Eroica."

Entreat
The engagement
The invitation
To the inner chambers of a sounding accord
Ascension to heights beyond the Earth's plane
Celestial winds and soaring wings in breath's refrain
Each piano key to speak the ever mounting quest of BEING
Hear I the black symbols upon the pristine page that beckons
Sound, sound, sound
Yes, a celebratory engagement
Sound BE this breath of soul's splendor
Heed I passion's petition for a sounding TRUTH
BE I known by these dedications divine
A splendor that sweeps
Sadness now in sounding resolve
Measures of silence
Measures of BEING
This crescendo of Creation made known
Shed I the cloak of despair and don the royal robes of resolve
Each note in revelation, in heart's chambers heard
The music, the music, the music, resounding breath of BEING.

Rose Marie Raccioppi
Poet Laureate
Orangetown, New York


No comments: