Saturday, October 19, 2013

Be My Brother



Shakespeare be my brother this very night
As words free and in frolic take flight
Words of anguish, fear and pain
Words of illusion and the inane

Words to claim my longings and desire
Words to breathe these thoughts of fire
For words within the mind conceived
Create the world for us perceived
Recorded in prose, poetry and rhyme
To give purpose to life's gift of time
Words to serve intent and pleasure
Held in journals as one's life treasure
Words of moments present, moments past
And within a recorded history they be cast
Of all the words I in quest to lovingly heed
Silent utterances of TRUTH as sacred creed.

Rose Marie Raccioppi
Poet Laureate 
Orangetown, New York 


"It is not in the stars to hold our destiny but in ourselves."
William Shakespeare 


And in reflection:


The more I read Shakespeare, the more I realize that in a poet's heart is ever the search for understanding, beauty and purpose. If we are open to explore the poet's pondering of heart, we will hear the questing echoes of soul.


No comments: