Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Keys and Strings



Keys and strings
The splendor of sound
Heart and spirit ever to resound
Blessed be the muse, the music sublime

Creation's call known in sounding divine
Heard be the winds and the rolling waves of sea
Tender the touch, deep passion in mounting plea
Bloom and petals alight in frivolity play
To the awakened reverie I do pray
Lilting sentiments resonant and real
The muse, the music, the soul to reveal.

Rose Marie Raccioppi
Poet Laureate
Orangetown,  New York


▶ Glenn Gould - 44. Beethoven, Sonata For Piano Cello No.3, Op.69 [ 1975 ] - YouTube ~ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vUpBCO4TYfM



"From the glow of enthusiasm I let the melody escape.
I pursue it. Breathless I catch up with it. It flies
 again,
I seize it. I embrace it with delight. 
I multiply it then by modulations, 
and at last I triumph in the first theme. 
There is the whole symphony." 

~~Beethoven's poetic quote



Cello image courtesy of: Cello Professor.

No comments: