Sunday, September 18, 2011

...and five they be...

One potato
Two potatoes
Three potatoes
Four!

Five potatoes
Six potatoes
Seven potatoes
More!

This Summer I planted my first organic gold potato in a large planter on my deck. The vine was magical... felt as if I was the most recent, "Jack and the Bean Stalk." To my delight I did yield a Fall harvest of five potatoes!! Wondrous yes, be Mother Nature!! A smile indeed!!!

... yes... my friends...

into the rich organic soil a potato did go
and soon a wondrous vine did magically grow
tall it be with flourishing leaves of deep green
and I with a smile to be now ever seen
much to my delight and growing pleasure
came the harvest of five potatoes
Mother Nature, indeed a shared treasure.


Rose Marie Raccioppi
Poet Laureate
Orangetown, New York



Five Potatoes, Photo, CAR, Collectible Clicks, ©Rose Marie Raccioppi, 2011.

No comments: