Friday, August 30, 2013

HARMONY



This day the light in harmony I see
My heart beckons a soulful plea
Hear I  the pulsing,  and known be my heart
From this embracing moment I shan't depart
In silent knowing,  faith's blessings be mine
In this presence is defined the markings of all time
Ceaseless and endless be this moment's splendor
When to harmony my will,  I lovingly surrender.


Rose Marie Raccioppi
Poet Laureate
Orangetown, New York


The harpist chants laudation of the Pharaoh before the god Shu,
symbolizing the space between Heaven and Earth, 
who wears an ostrich feather headdress and holds a scepter Was, 
symbolizing the power and domination, and the sign of life – The Key Ankh.

Tomb of Pharaoh Ramesses III, XX Dynasty, 1185-1070 BC, The Valley of the Kings, Western Thebes.
Sketch after James Bruce, Travels to Discover the Source of the Nile, 1813.

No comments: