Sunday, March 4, 2012

Upon the Farm Counter


upon the farm counter alive and green

the wondrous abundance of nature be seen
a grass so fresh its vibrancy shouts
this is what bounty is all about
harvest well plants that grow small
and those who grow mighty and tall
know that green speaks its language of love
offering to you its gifts of rain and sun from above
unto my table it comes to be
blessings and nourishment from the grace of THEE.


Rose Marie Raccioppi
Poet Laureate
Orangetown, New York



Image: Wheat Grass, Old Hook Farm, Emerson, NJ.


3 comments:

Rose Marie Raccioppi said...

Taking a reprieve... the Presence of Organic - the annihilation of Monsanto...

Sunday Hug...

Love,
Rose Marie

Anonymous said...

I'll be sooooo happy when I can eat an onion from my container garden, I've got to get busy and get more things planted! I'm tired of the whole "kit and kaboodle" of agribiz, big biz, greedy people in general who are destroying our planet inch by inch!

Rose Marie Raccioppi said...

Theanne, meet you at your container garden with a SMILE ...