Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Prods of Passion


prods of passion this alchemic quest
golden light of soul be this moment's decree
within the depths of darkness this breath's ebb and flow
the sounding silence of PRESENCE known within me
to this rapture of faith and love I willingly surrender
beyond all loss, pain, darkness and despair
ever the endowment of CREATION, light and care
to its enfolding embrace I shall succumb
to this golden light of sun and life I, ALL, ONE.

Rose Marie Raccioppi
Poet Laureate
Orangetown, New York



Prods of Passion, Image, ©Rose Marie Raccioppi, 2011.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

"beyond all loss, pain, darkness and despair"
beyond all of these I give in to life...giving in to life can be difficult...since Don died I have a much better handle on it!

Rose Marie Raccioppi said...

Theanne, a sudden and overwhelming virus plagued me for several days. Every organ systems made its calling pain and reach for survival known. Although labored, because of lung congestion, each breath was a welcomed assurance that this life's work was not yet complete. And so this post... with peace and blessings on to you.

Gail said...

RoseMarie-

Oh a blessing indeed, as these desperate colors blend in image and word to give reason to pain - to celebrate healing and to know how fragile life is, how each breath is a miracle. You are a life-giving miracle and I am honored to share breath - and heart - and healing - and a sisterhood with you.
Love Gail'
peace......

Anonymous said...

I thought perhaps you were ill...I'm thankful you are feeling better. So many take breathing for granted...yes each breath let's us know we're still alive. Kind thoughts to you and Gail!

Rose Marie Raccioppi said...

Dear Gail and Theanne, Today the Robins were busily finding their nesting places and I in joyful encounter knew only to sing PRAISE ... thank you for your care and your loving friendship. To breathe more freely is indeed a most welcomed gift anew.

Much much love,
Rose Marie