distant vista known
the vision of SELF expressed
this your apogee.
the four directions
as above so too below
all sounding its call.
chambers of the heart
quadrants of pulsing passion
breath of life in quest.
Rose Marie Raccioppi
The Seven Ancient Principles of Hermes
2. The Principle of Correspondence [CORRESPONDENCE] “As Above, so Below; as Below, so Above.”
3. The Principle of Vibration [VIBRATION] “Nothing rests; everything moves; everything vibrates.”
4. The Principle of Polarity [POLARITY] “Everything is Dual; everything has poles; everything has its pair of opposites; like and unlike are the same; opposites are identical in nature, but different in degree; extremes meet; all truths are but half-truths; all paradoxes may be reconciled.”
5. The Principle of Rhythm [RHYTHM] “Everything flows, out and in; everything has its tides; all things rise and fall; the pendulum-swing manifests in everything; the measure of the swing to the right is the measure of the swing to the left; rhythm compensates."
6. The Principle of Cause and Effect [CAUSE EFFECT] “Every Cause has its Effect; every Effect has its Cause; everything happens according to the Law; Chance is but a name for Law not recognized; there are many planes of causation, but nothing escapes the Law.”
7. The Principle of Gender [GENDER] “Gender is in everything; Everything has its Masculine and Feminine Principles; Gender manifests on all planes.”
Hermeticum.info - Principles: the Emerald Tablet the Kybalion and the Seven Principles of the Universe
The Emerald Tablet of THOTH
The Key to Above and Below
"List ye, now to my voice and become
greater than common man.
Lift thine eyes upward,
let Light fill thy being,
be thou ever Children of Light.
Only by effort shall ye grow upward to
the plane where Light is the All of the All.
Be ye the master of all that surrounds thee.
Never be mastered by the effects of thy life.
Create then ever more perfect causes
and in time shalt thou be a Sun of the Light
Free, let thine soul soar ever upward,
free from the bondage and fetters of night.
Lift thine eyes to the Sun in the sky-space.
For thee, let it be a symbol of life.
Know that thou art the Greater Light,
perfect in thine own sphere,
when thou art free.
Look not ever into the blackness.
Lift up thine eyes to the space above.
Free let thine Light flame upward
and shalt thou be a Child of the Light."
and so today's post and reference to Thoth and Hermes
...a reflection of my life's work
the symbolism, the metaphor, the application, the expression...
the art of BEING
much is revealed in the full content of this post.