Saturday, February 6, 2010

Marks To Proclaim


And what is this need
To touch, to speak
To sing, to create
To read, to write
To make our mark
Symbols of the soul
These lines and forms
Upon surfaces vast
Movements of heart and hand
This embrace of spirit
In search
Marks to proclaim
The Presence.

Rose Marie Raccioppi



F
avourite lines, writing with a fountain pen. Photograph: David Sillitoe


Special Announcement:

Read the Review of The Wind and the Willow
THE WIND AND THE WILLOW
Limited Edition Hardcover
Softcover
ISBN-13: 9781604744545
directly from Publish America.
Click on title, place title or my name in search bar of Publish America Entry Page
available also on line booksellers nationally and internationally
including Barnes and Noble and Amazon
Thank you for your order.

8 comments:

Brian Miller said...

yeah, i think we adopted it from our Father...

Gail said...

HI ROSEMARIE-

I have been imprinted and left many prints-marks. Your words are strong and true. I love that I am all marked up by all of life's experiences. Some I wished away, but then I wouldn't be real!! Each mark upon me and each mark I have left on someone or something are of great importance - life is important - worth sustaining - worth marking - worth truth - YOU have marked me and it is permanent and I love the "mark of RoseMarie".

Love Gail
peace......

Bonnie Zieman, M.Ed. said...

Love this poem Rose Marie. So true that we have this innate push to express the creative and the divine.

Clare said...

Rose Marie..... what is that burning need? Sometimes so joyous, other times brutal. That need to express ourselves from the deepest part of our souls. Your words speak for many, my beauty, who have had those words stuck in their throats. That pen shaky in their hand. A song .....
the melody haunting ....... I love each and every time I read your STORIES,
they are a story, a road map of your life experiences. You so kindly share with all of us. It gets dark and foggy sometimes, little love! Thanks for the lamp..... always lit and welcoming.

Rose Marie Raccioppi said...

Brian, always there...always there...

Rose Marie Raccioppi said...

Dearest Gail, And so we orchestrate the music we create and share - the soul's song... with you ever in loving friendship...

Rose Marie Raccioppi said...

Bonnie, And you dear Bonnie so much the voice and the BEING of, "the creative and the divine."

Rose Marie Raccioppi said...

Clare, yours is the passion, the fire and the flame of alchemy - you are the change you create. I stand in witness to the magic of your BEING - absolved and free.