Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Is It


Is it brush in hand and thought in heart
From which this painting has its start

Where comes this call I hear as mine

Word, color and form these gifts of time
Is it the Muse that summons the soul

Beauty be the quest, beauty be the goal

And when in completion a work is to be

Is it the Muse I hear in joyful reverie

Is it Truth that anoints each new day

With the knowing path of the spirit's way
Ever present this reach to do and create
Welcome I Truth, the Muse, Destiny and Fate

God be known in what I receive and give
This be the decree for each moment I live

Is it when faith and knowing jointly resound

That God and the Muse so freely are found

So be it brush or pen in heart, mind or hand

It is to be in the Creator's fullest command.

Rose Marie Raccioppi

Quest, Watercolor, Rose Marie Raccioppi, 2000, www.apogeeart.com

No comments: