Sunday, November 16, 2014

YES, Vincent you knew...



As the leaves move to the call of the winds, as the autumn colors paint the sky... felt is the pulsing of change... this so beautifully expressed by Vincent Van Gogh... Vincent perceived the vibrating energy of light. He captured the quivering, pulsing fields that embraced his vision. All was moving, all was dimension, all was effect. 

Within be the gems of time... the green of emerald, the russet of garnet, the yellow of topaz, the orange of citrine, threads of silver, threads of gold, threads of ebony... holding to the pulsing light ... holding to the pulsing light... Yes, Vincent you knew ...


"And now I think I know what you tried to say to me
how you suffered for your sanity
how you tried to set them free. "

And I in turn,

Vincent, yours is a world known to me
And I grasp at this meaning of Be
Light and fields, people and purpose defined
And I in plea proclaim do not confine
Bar restraint and perception veiled
Vincent your gift of knowing has prevailed
With awe and sighs anew your art so perceived
And blessed for the inexplicable conceived.


Rose Marie Raccioppi
Poet Laureate
Orangetown, New York


Wheat Field Behind Saint-Paul Hospital with a Reaper, Painting, Oil on Canvas, Saint-Rémy, September, 1889, Museum Folkwang, Essen, Germany, Europe, Vincent Van Gogh, 1853-1890.


No comments: