Monday, November 4, 2013

Upon My Walkway Here in Tappan, New York... A Poet's Palette




a poet's palette before thee
brilliant tones of many a tree 
leaves as bright as a bloom anew
be this the magical autumn hue
feel the rapture of Nature's passion shown
in the splendor of color this moment be known
scarlet, crimson, magenta, russet, they be
gathered upon my walkway colors alight I see
the surrender of time and this season's call
the bounty, the beauty, the blessings of Fall.

Rose Marie Raccioppi
Poet Laureate
Orangetown, New York


Photo: Upon My Walkway, CAR, Collectible Clicks, ©Rose Marie Raccioppi, 2013.

2 comments:

Margie said...

And it's a blessing to me to see the beauteous fall colors and to read your beautiful poem.
(we do not have those array of colors here in Colorado, so this is indeed a treat for my eyes)
Thank you, dearest Rose Marie.

Rose Marie Raccioppi said...

Dearest Margie, The colors are outstandingly beautiful, deep, lush, vibrant and totally captivating. When on my walkway I felt magical...

So many do tell me of the magnificent sunsets out your way... another palette of grace.

Much love to you and yours,

Rose Marie