Sunday, April 28, 2013

WORDS... Shakespeare Be My Brother...


Language provides an echo - it is not the original - words are representations, symbols, utterances, that the inner spirit longs to be known - to self - to others and to the ultimate SELF. As a poet, language echoes my heart's lament, my soul's joy and my spirit's quest to soar, echoes holding to praise and gratitude, a sounding sense of purpose.  Rose Marie Raccioppi 

Shakespeare be my brother this very night
As words free and in frolic take flight
Words of anguish, fear and pain
Words of illusion and the inane
Words to claim my longings and desire
Words to breathe these thoughts of fire
For words within the mind conceived
Create the world for us perceived
Recorded in prose, poetry and rhyme
To give purpose to life's gift of time
Words to serve intent and pleasure
Held in journals as one's life treasure
Words of moments present, moments past
And within a recorded history cast
Of all the words I in quest to heed
Silent utterances of TRUTH and sacred creed.


Rose Marie Raccioppi
Poet Laureate
Orangetown, New York

Image: Google.

1 comment:

Rose Marie Raccioppi said...

...gestures...words...time...place...a Sunday...early evening...

WORLD BE... ~ the Wondrous ~ the Omnipresence ~ the Revelation ~ the Love ~ the Divine... BE it Birth Eternal within each of us... Rose Marie Raccioppi