Monday, December 14, 2009

Rain Rain


The rhythmic falling rain
The green flourishing foliage
The touch the sound the feel
Creation in God's grandeur real

Rain outside my window
Tapping at my door
I hear its sounding call
Rain rain evermore

Droplets of splendor
Upon branches green
Shimmering light
'Tis God to be seen

I listen to its haunting
Chant and melody
And feel its loving grace
Deep deep within me.

Rose Marie Raccioppi


Photo courtesy of: http://www.flickr.com/photos/sajesh/1072613139/

This very morning
Join me in this moment of delight
I have just been informed this morning, that I will be officially designated,
POET OF THE YEAR, 2010
by the Town Board of Orangetown, Rockland County, New York,
on Monday, December 14, 2009
at 7:30 pm

•.¸¸.•
Holiday Gift

for anyone who enjoys the play of words

Poetry is when an emotion has found its thought and the thought has found words.
~Robert Frost
~
and so the echoes of heart, soul, and quest, be heard...

Special Announcement:
Read the Review of The Wind and the Willow
THE WIND AND THE WILLOW
Limited Edition Hardcover
Softcover
ISBN-13: 9781604744545
directly from Publish America.
Click on title, place title or my name in search bar of Publish America Entry Page
available also on line booksellers nationally and internationally
including Barnes and Noble and Amazon
Thank you for your order.
ENJOY


7 comments:

Gail said...

Hi RoseMarie-

I so love the sound of rain - the feel and smell of rain - the sheer and clean sight of rain - it refreshes my soul - renews my spirit - promises me a clean thought and drenches me in goodness from above.

Love to you
Gail
peace.....

Brian Miller said...

the sound of rain is so soothing...perhaps like the warm arms of grace...

Anne said...

The sound of the rain can be soothing. So nice to curl up and read. Just notice your Award as Poet of the Year. Congratulations! That's quite an honor.
Have wonderful evening!

Mike said...

There is nothing better than falling asleep to the sound of the rain!

Rose Marie Raccioppi said...

Well it would appear that we all would have a great time cuddling to the melody of the rain.

Gail, getting drenched in the rain is pure delight.

Brian, I can feel the romance you bring to the rain.

Choices, Rain, a book, and a welcoming sofa - that is the deal!

Otin, I am listening right here with you.

Cynthia said...

A beautiful and inspirational poem. Congratulation, on your accomplishment.

Rose Marie Raccioppi said...

Cynthia, Just saw your posted comment and want to thank you for visiting and leaving such generous praise. Will stop by. In gratitde, Rose Marie