Wednesday, October 28, 2009

With The Night Rain


Each fallen leaf laden with the night rain
Their wind swept flight put to tame
A brimming blanket of leaves upon the ground
Quiet they lay, gone their rustling sound
Held still by the towering mighty oak tree
Red brown leaves on branch and bough high above me
Gentle Fall winds entreat each quivering leaf to fly
Alight their color array to sweep the gray night sky.

Rose Marie Raccioppi


Oak, photo, CAR, Collectible Clicks, ©Rose Marie Raccioppi


Special Announcement:
Read the Review of The Wind and the Willow
THE WIND AND THE WILLOW
Now available in hardcover (ISBN: HARDCOVER51536) and softcover (ISBN: 1-60474-454-5)
directly from Publish America.
Limited Edition Hardcover
Click on title, place title or my name in search bar of Publish America Entry Page.
Thank you for your order.
ENJOY

12 comments:

Brian Miller said...

i could feel the shadows of the trees, their leaves gently falling like rain...

Rose Marie Raccioppi said...

Brian, Well there you are right by my side. The rains have continued through the night. There is an abundance of the same.

Anonymous said...

Wonderful poem!!! Bravo!!! And Rose Marie, omgosh, that is an amazing photo of the tree, towering over the world! Love it! Sending hugs right back at ya!
:-)

Rose Marie Raccioppi said...

Rain, Thanks for the "BRAVO!!!" - BIG SMILES follow. That oak tree is right outside the window where my computer is - ever reminding me of change and bounty! It has been a part of my every day life for (would you believe) forty three years - OMG - no wonder we can speak to one another.

Much love, Rose Marie

Gail said...

HI ROSE MARIE-

I solove the rain and the dark shadows around the trees. My post before the last one is about me becoming one with nature's Autumn bounty of wind and rain and blanketed leaves. I feel the strength of the oak, protecting me and the freedom I have to experience all that life gives and takes away. I was once paralyzed with the same elements that now allow me to soar. Your poem and image show me this in sight.

LOve to you
Gail
peace......

justdoodleit said...

Even if only a tiny speck, I can see these colorful falling leaves enlivening the grayness momentarily.

Mark said...

Rose Marie,
I love the contrast that you have painted with your words.

Rose Marie Raccioppi said...

Gail, I am knocking at your door dear friend, do join me in walking upon the fallen leaves, listening to the rustling sound that accompanies our laughter of joy.

Rose Marie Raccioppi said...

justdoodleit, And I can envision your depiction of that moment. I so enjoy your artistry.

Rose Marie Raccioppi said...

Mark, Yes, "contrast", ever the yin and yang.

Gail said...

Rose Marie-

My door is always open - :-)

Love to you
Gail
peace.....

Bernie said...

Had a wonderful walk in the rain with you, loved the picture of that huge tree....Hugs