Sunday, October 11, 2009

Harmony


Upon her face the light I see
My heart beckons a soulful plea
Her music I hear and known be my heart
From this embracing moment I shan't depart
In silent knowing I vow she be mine
And in this moment is defined all time.


Rose Marie Raccioppi



Harmony, 1877, Oil on canvas, Sir Frank Dicksee, British, 1853-1928.




Special Announcement:
Read the Review of The Wind and the Willow
THE WIND AND THE WILLOW
Now available in hardcover (ISBN: HARDCOVER51536) and softcover (ISBN: 1-60474-454-5)
directly from Publish America.
Click on title, place title or my name in search bar of Publish America Entry Page.
Thank you for your order.
ENJOY

6 comments:

Bernie said...

The picture reminds me of my church, and the poem our organist....your words touch my heart Rose Marie, your book is lovely, so calming and relaxing to read before drifting off to sleep filled with beautiful colors and lovely thoughts, be well my friend...:-) Hugs

Gail said...

HI ROSEMARIE-

Oh to be loved and appreciated for one's gift-talent-passion- and so this image and your words blend to honor beauty - talent - passion - and it is captured.
Love to you
Gail
peace....

Rose Marie Raccioppi said...

Bernie, Thank you. When I first saw the painting, I was so taken by the love that was captured and reflected, a love that was transcendent, and so the words...

Rose Marie Raccioppi said...

Gail, Yes, to be loved for all that we bring to share, all that we are, and all that we see in another... this the "Harmony" captured by the artist in this image.

justdoodleit said...

Longing described very subtly. Both by the image and your words.

The ethereal mood of the picture is also a bit reminiscent of Dante Gabriel Rossetti's works.

Rose Marie Raccioppi said...

justdoodleit, Thank you. Yes, Sir Frank Dicksee (Francis Bernard Dicksee),(1853-1928), and Dante Gabriel Rossetti were behind the Pre-Raphaelite Movement. A number of posts in poetic response have been inspired by their works.