Saturday, September 26, 2009

Morning Light


Travails dispelled in this deep breath of early Fall
The oak tree of many seasons holds the morning light
Reaching bough and branch create shadows
A dancing grandeur cast upon the yet green grass
So gentle is the sway of the evergreens
I too, move to the touch
Of the crisp morning air upon my face
The mirth of bubbling water
Circles, ripples, reflecting light and shadow
I too, of many seasons
In the grandeur of the morning light.

Rose Marie Raccioppi


Ashante, Watercolor, Rose Marie Raccioppi, http://www.apogeeart.com


Special Announcement:
Read the Review of The Wind and the Willow
THE WIND AND THE WILLOW
Now available in hardcover and softcover directly from Publish America.
Click on title, place title in search bar of Publish America Entry Page.
Thank you for your order.
ENJOY

7 comments:

Dave King said...

Poem and image in perfect accord!

Karen said...

I agree with Dave. I love the softness of the colors and the light that radiates from within.

Bonnie Zieman, M.Ed. said...

Ah yes. I relate to "I too of many seasons" . . . Your words always radiate light, dear Rose Marie.

Gail said...

HI ROSEMARIE-
Oh how lovely the image blended with poetic words that promise, comfort, and offer new hope and light. I feel the gift of a new day in this wondrous blend and from that gift I am once again hopeful. YOU create this with your gentle stroke, pen and soul.

Love and honor
Gail
peace.....

Bernie said...

Oh I so love the colors of your painting, perfect with your poem.....:-) Hugs

Rosaria Williams said...

I love the connection the poet makes to the oak.

Rose Marie Raccioppi said...

Thank You

Blessed I am
By all you share
Your visit
Your comments
Your loving care
And so a chorus
Of gratitude
I do sing
For all it is
You do bring
Dave
Karen
Bonnie
Gail
Bernie
Rosaria.

In praise of followers,

The APOGEE Poet